With lots of effort from Thor Sqrxz 2 now features all enhancements from Sqrxz 3 – basically various screenmodes (coded by Yannick) for devices larger than 320×240. With this there were few other improvements listed a few lines below.
Brandnew Sqrxz 2 ports are for Playstation Portable, NetBSD 5 (x86) and RaspberryPi. PSP by Thor, NetBSD 5 by phx and RaspberryPi by Jum (already approved in the PiStore and free for download!). Not to forget the initial port for the GCW Zero console by zear.
Updates are provided for Amiga OS4 and MorphOS (thanks phx), Linux & Windows & Wiz (thanks Thor). Few more systems are yet to be updated.
* v1.00 (November/2013)
- rewritten frameskip code
- normalized sfx
- fixed configuration saving
- added settings to define screensize (System/OS depending)
- new option to switch between combine up controls with jump or not (this option will come in handy for joystick players only)
changes for devices with a screen equal or larger than 640 x 480:
- scale options: bilinear, antialias and scanlines (Thanks Yannick!)
- $HOME support for Linux based platforms (Thanks zear!)
Go to the downloads page and enjoy your daily frustration dose! :)