Hipoonios gave Sqrxz 2 on Amiga Classic a go and here is his Longplay-Video. The game plays like butter, doesn’t it? :)
Another bunch of free minutes and the last month announced Sqrxz 3 v1.05 is tested, verified and packed for public release. Thanks Thor!
changes for devices with a screen equal or larger than 640 x 480:
* scaling options changes now take effect on the fly and do not require a restart (Thanks Yannick!)
* new scale options: bilinear antialias and scanlines (Thanks Yannick!)
Visit the Sqrxz 3 downloads for the release file!
Sqrxz 2 Amiga OCS is served in three different versions: Floppy Disk Image, HD-Install, CD Image (for CDTV and CD32)!
* Rodolphe Boixel (Main Code)
* Frank Wille (Assembler recoding)
* Simon Butler (Graphics)
* Alexander Wiklund (Music)
* Jane Mumford (Additional Graphics)
* Virgile Metier (Graphics adjustment to meet the Amiga limitations)
* Shahzad Sahaib (Project Management & Leveldesign)
We divided 50 floppy disks of Sqrxz 2 amongst the visitors and 17 floppy disks of Sqrxz 1, which makes a total of 67 floppy disks. Our Retroguru table with an Amiga 500 (provided by Mark!) allowed everyone to test the game live. Most people failed within the first three screens, but this was to be expected. Interestingly a very young girl managed to play past the half of the first level, which was hardly achieved by any other player.
Next possibility to catch a real floppy disk with the game is tUM 2012.
Feedback and donations are welcome anytime :) Please kindly understand that it’s not possible for us to send out the game on floppy disk via snail mail. It just eats too much money and time.
We are happy to announce Sqrxz Amiga OCS v1.2 – please go ahead and find it in our download section!
As many people mentioned the wish to play with a gamepad, Frank Wille spend a lot of efforts to make this possible. Furthermore we now offer a CDTV/CD32 image of the game.
Look forward for the release of Sqrxz 2 Amiga OCS v1.0 next week!